When the winter months hit I usually go into survival mode (a.k.a. cranky mode), which also means I spend a lot more time at home & can’t be bothered to go to the grocery store as often as I would like. It’s not like it’s summer where I can walk over to the farmer’s market & bask in the abundance of beautiful fruits and veggies (I can’t wait for summer ;)). So one of the things I make sure is that my freezer is always adequately stocked so that coming up with a last-minute smoothie, a quick dinner or a homemade dessert to take away my winter blues is no problem at all & hassle free!
Here’s what I have in my freezer right now, in the hopes that it will get me through the rest of the winter (I did mention already that I hate winter, right? ‘Cause I really do!!!):
- Organic Blueberries, Strawberries & Raspberries
- Meat Lasagna & Cheese/Spinach Ravioli
- Spicy Mushroom Tomatoe Sauce
- Homemade Cookie Dough & Chocolate Chips to make more cookie dough when my first batch runs out 😉
- President’s Choice Fig & Goat Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizers (These are a little piece of heaven! Great for serving last-minute guests ;))
- Puff Pastry & Phyllo
- Whole Wheat Toast
- Butter Sticks (Oh yes!)
- Ginger Cubes
- Chicken Breasts (Pre-packaged in packs of 2)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (My love!)
- Le Grande Tapenade (This stuff is amazing & so versatile)
I think I might be able to survive the rest of winter now 😉
QUESTION: What is the one thing you always have in your freezer?