Summer is right around the corner but I still haven’t had my fill of Spring yet 😦 Fortunately, one thing that can always console me is the thought of all the endless possibilities of makeup that a new season has to offer. Makeup, so fabulous, that it can take you from simple & cute to sexy & glamorous in no time! It’s no secret that I ♥ makeup & when I am at Holt’s I stroll through the makeup boutiques in such a state of lust over the abundance of pretty palettes & dreamy hues and shades. I have to admit that there are definitely some beauty products worth splurging on & others you can definitely bargain hunt from your favorite drug store (hello L’oréal Voluminous Mascara-my fav!)
Here’s The Fashion Spot’s top Splurge Worthy Beauty Products to bring out the Marilyn Monroe in all of us 😉
1. Dolce & Gabbana Animalier Bronzer, $50 – The Birkin of bronzers, the Animalier collection just launched, but has been generating buzz for months, and with its unique design, it’s easy to see why.
2. Le Labo Santal 33, $220 – Inspired by the brand’s popular Santal 26 candle, this made-to-order (in front of your eyes if you stop by Barneys New York or one of their boutiques) scent comes with a label and a box that can be personalized with a phrase or name of your choosing (up to 24 characters).
3. Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Lipstick, $46 – The lipstick compact equivalent to a chic minaudiere, you’ll never have to wait on a ladies room line to touch up your lips again.
4. Guerlain Rouge Automatique, $35 – Turning is so last season. With just one flick, this lipstick, which comes in 25 shades, will give you long-lasting hydrating color while giving your wrist a break.
5. M·A·C ‘Wonder Woman’ Nail Lacquer, $15 – NBC may have canceled David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman before we even saw it, but you can still get in the comic book spirit with these limited edition lacquers from M.A.C.
6. Hourglass Aura Sheer Cheek Stain, $45 – There isn’t an Hourglass product that’s not innovative in some way, this particular blush comes with a unique sponge-tip to give cheeks a subtle sheen.
7. Dior DiorShow 360 Mascara, $36 – A perennial favorite among beauty editors, this is the first time the mascara is offered with a rotating wand.
8. Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation, $42 – This foundation is made with color-matching pigments to adapt to every skin tone.
9. Advanced Home Actives Brazilian Peel, $77 – If you’re going to opt for an at-home glycolic peel, it’s impossible to top this product’s packaging. Plus, it’s the first to deliver a medical strength formula at home.
10. GLO Brilliant Personal Teeth Whitening Device, $320 – Think of this as a sci-fi version of your childhood retainer (minus the embarrassment of having to wear it in public). This easy-to-use mouth piece is the first to deliver professional quality teeth whitening results at home without the burn of whitening stripes.
11. Linden Leaves Body Oil, $49 – A flower isn’t just a flower with this invigorating body oil from Linden Leaves. Though when the packaging is this gorgeous, perhaps its best to keep the bottle closed.
♥ P&C Top Splurge Worthy Beauty Products
DiorShow Mascara: Sometimes I give into the lure of this high drama mascara! It definitely does wonders for your lashes (think catwalk drama!)
Moroccan Oil: This is one thing I will never give up. My unruly locks have never been the same since I started using this oil in my hair. They even have a Light version in case you think it might be too greasy. Love it!
♥ Chanel Le Vernis Nail Polish: Chanel is fabulous & what more is there really to say! The colours are stunning & the French always know how to do style & beauty right, so you can’t go wrong splurging on one or a few bottles 😉
♥ Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray: My hair cannot take the abuse of every day washing but this amazing invention lets you get away with beauty sin & no one will know otherwise. A girl can’t tell all her secrets 😉